Octocoin and The Organization
About The Organization
At the moment no entity has been setup in any state. Very soon once we have initial membership we will begin the process of setting up a non-profit organization to help guide the future of Octocoin. The foundation is currently accepting applications for key roles. Please contact us for instructions on how to apply.
- Webmaster and writer.
- Compliance Officer.
- Marketing, Social Media, and Graphics expert.
- Core C/C++ developer with expert knowledge of the Bitcoin protocol.
- PHP/Python/Node/Ruby/Java Developers.
Please note that for now, these are all unpaid volunteer roles.
Octocoin was launched on BTC Talk on Mar 08, 2014 at 18:08 (UTC) and later abandoned by it's original developer of the same name. On Nov 11, 2015 a new developer steps up and released an updated client, thus reviving Octocoin.
Octocoin Facts and Blockchain Parameters
- P2P Port: 22889
- RPC Port: 22888
- Block Time: 88 seconds
- Current Block Reward: 80
- Halving Interval: Every 358,364 blocks (1 year) after block number 180,655
- Difficulty Re-targets: Every Block
- Total Octocoin: Between** 81,350,163 and 135,776,563
- Burned Coins: 19,594,994.11240185 Octocoin burned and can never be spent.
Minting (aka mining) Schedule
Block #1 to #180,655
- Block 1 was rewarded 711,111 Octocoins.*
- Blocks 2 through 7855 were rewarded 888 Octocoins (6,974,352 minted).
- Blocks 7856 through 75887 were randomly rewarded either 888 or 88 Octocoins (between 5,986,904 and 60,413,304 minted).
- Blocks 75888 through 94255 were rewarded at 188 Octocoin (3,452,996 minted).
- Blocks 94256 through 180655 were rewarded 88 Octocoin (7,603,288 minted).
Block #180,656 to #2,330,840
- Starting at block #180,656 the reward will be 80 Octocoins (28,669,120 minted in this period)
- First halving will occur at block #539,019, the reward will be 40 Octocoins (14,334,560 minted in this period)
- Second halving at block #897,383 the reward will be 20 Octocoins (7,167,280 minted in this period)
- Third halving at block #1,255,747 the reward will be 10 Octocoins (3,583,640 minted in this period)
- Fourth halving at block #1,614,111 the reward will be 5 Octocoins (1,791,820 minted in this period)
- Fifth halving at block #1,972,475 the reward will be 2 Octocoins (716,728 minted in this period)
- Sixth (and final) halving at block #2,330,839 the reward will be 1 Octocoins (358,364 minted in this period)
- Ending at block #2,330,840 in approximately 6.5 years from now. (no more minted after this point)
* Octocoin was launched by the original developer with a pre-mine in the first block. Supposedly all those coins have been distributed in bounties.
** Due to random block reward the actual number of minted Octocoin is estimated.